TDK-Killer tech´d for Portuguese Nationals

Wir sammeln alle Infos der Bonusepisode von Pokémon Karmesin und Purpur für euch!

Zu der Infoseite von „Die Mo-Mo-Manie“
  • So guy I hope so good opinions and discuss, so in 29th June I will have my national in Portugal and will be a tuff day since I don´t have played on BR´s because I didn´t have this deck complete, and play just to play for me isn´t one option, I post her because you guys have a lot of exp and already played with Plasma Freeze, so I will explain all the point of view of my deck.

Deck List:

Pokemons: 12

4 Deoxys EX (PF 53)
    2 Kyurem (PF 31)
    2 Cobalion EX (PS 93)
    2 Landorus EX (BC 89)
    2 Thundurus EX (PF 38)

Treiners: 36

4 Professor Juniper (BW 101)
    2 Bianca (EP 90)
    2 N (NV 92)
    3 Colress (PS 118)
    2 Skyla (BC 134)
    2 Team Plasma Ball (PF 105)
    2 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
    3 Colress Machine (PS 119)
    4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
    1 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
    1 Float Stone (PF 99)
    1 Dowsing Machine (PS 128)
    3 Team Plasma Badge (PF 104)
    3 Switch (BW 104)
    Energys: 12

4 Plasma Energy (PF 106)
    3 Prism Energy (ND 93)
    4 Blend Energy WLFM (DR 118)
    1 Lightning Energy (BW 108)

So I start with Esa list from The Deck Out, and yesterday after looking to Blend Enegy I came with Cobalion and Landuros tech´s her making it more ToolBox than a Standart TDK, that is a boring deck, the ideia is cover the format Weakness than try to get 3 prizes with Lugia...

Deoxys-EX: let me do 10 more damage as you guys know, and could be sometime a Mewtwo Killer.

Thundurus-EX: for me isn´t the starter of this deck (standart TDK) because in mirror i set up 2 Kyurems to win, not 2 Thundurus-EX IdK wy but is not my style in T1 I never had energys to recover and If I have ASAP I start attacking with Kyurem Frost Spear for Lugia, that in TDK-Standart, here is to KO: Tornadus-EX PF and DRX, Lugia and other Lighning stuff that coul cames out, so 30 + 10/40 and Laser with one Blend or Prisme and yes If I need recover Prismes or Blends.

Kyurem: for me the best option for Non-EX Pokémon in this deck, can spread 30 on 1 of opp bench and can OHKO any EX, one guy sad to take him out but I won´t.

Cobalion-EX: Like I said, 1 energy cost I can T1 OHKO 1 Kyurem, or discard Special energys like I have a Hammer here, and is not just that, since I get Plasma Badge in T1 or T2, I can start use Steel Bullet and do more than 100, so btw 110 and 170 damage If I have: 4 Deoxys and Laser/Virbrank, wall decks like Sigi/Latias, Stuff Like that.

Landuros-EX: like Kyurem PF, Hammerhead t1 for 30/30 is cool, but against Darkrai«s decks or after Kyurem´s KO, It could be crazy like Cobalion, so with Plasma Bagde I can 40/70/100 T1, with one energy again, near to KO Darkrai´s, can KO Thudurus-EX, Ko on Absol or Sableye´s and Spread some damage for simple Ko´s with catcher.

So why not try to cover? Water ( Landorus-EX, Victini-EX ), Metal ( Kyurem ), Fight ( Darkrai, Absol, Thundurus, Eels, Boffalant ), Lightning ( Tornadus PF e DRX e Lugia ) Psy with Prisme on Deoxys for ( Mewtwo e Deoxys ) so Blend WMFL cover all and do a lot of damage with 1 energy on T1.

Other things:

2x Keldeo-EX: I may use 2 Keldeos due to the Gothi deck´s, or sleep effects, the mains reason I´m not a fan is 3 Deoxys on Bench is essencial 70% of the time, so 2 slots, 1 is for Thundurus-EX and 1 free, so is one of the factores I disaprove it here, but I may use it.

Max Potion: Is another card I coul put here, 1 copy or maximun 2, but I don´t have space, or taking out Kyurem´s IDK, or let 1 Kyurem since I may put 2 keldeo, is hard to know the best.

So this is one of my ideias for Portuguese National´s and I hope some feedbeacks from match ups and stuff like that, thanks to reading guys :)

Portuguese National:
    2008: 11th - 3-2 (Salamence-ex PK/Togekiss)
    2009: 6th - 5-1 (Gengar SF/Dialga G/Galatic Stuff)
    2010: 20th - 4-2 (Garchomp POP 9/Bronzong)
    2011: 18th - 3-3 (Regigigas)
    2012: Fun - 2-4 (Zekeels no Catchers xD)
    2013: Top 16: 4-2 Swiss/Lost on Top (TDK)

• Hi DGS87,
    I read your article and I thought, why not leave a comment. So here it is:

So first things first, you talk about sweeping the game with Lugia, even though you do not even play one....
    Then the next thing is, that your list seems too inconsistent. The card lines you play, are too thin. For example:
    2 Virbanks is a must against Decks like Blastoise, Klingklang or Gothitelle.
    Also lot of your techs kind of do not fit in the deck, like Landorus or Cobalion. The cards itself are good, no question, but
    in my opinion the deck needs space for more important things, like Keldeo (which you mentioned).
    Side note: if you insist on playing a deck with Landorus and Cobalion, try Cobalion/Landorus/Deoxys or Cobalion/Landorus/Garbodor. Both work pretty fine :)
    I do not wanna say, that the idea of type coverage is a bad one (lol, this is getting like the video game),
    but its more important to hit everything neutral, but heavy and that is the main idea behind TDK. Setting up with Thundurus
    and then killing everything else with Kyurem, Lugia or Snorlax (if you play one).

However, here are some changes I would suggest:
    - 2 Landorus or Cobalion. You should choose depending on your Meta, if there is a lot of Darkrai around, I would suggest to play
    Landorus, but if there is more TDK, then I would rather play Cobalion, since it can 2HKO Kyurems with Laser and spam Righteous Edge,
    in order to get their energies of the board.
    (- 1 Bianca. I personally do not like that card that much (except the artwork of the FullArt version :D), because it is so situational and if you have cloggy hand its useless.)
    - 1 Dowsing Machine. Scramble Switch is DEFINITELY better, believe me ;)
    - 3 Plasma Badge. Nice idea, but the deck needs space for more important things. As I said, if you want to play a PlasmaBadge-based deck, try Cobalion/Landorus/Deoxys :D
    - 1 Switch. With the Keldeos and the Float Stones, you have enough Switch-ins.
    - 1 Blend Energy. I do not quite get the point in playing 4 Blends but "only" 3 Prisms,
    I mean you can attach them too anything in the deck, but Blend is useless on Deoxys.

+ 1-2 Keldeo Ex. The amount depends on your Meta, if there is lots of Gothitelle around I would play 2, if there are mostly
    Laserbank-decks, then 1 is enough.
    + 1 N. Arguably BCIF (Haters gonna hate :D )
    (+ 1 Cheren. Good Supporter for big hands.)
    + 1 Scramble Switch. This card turns games around to your favor, nothing more to say about this...
    + 1 Laser. Is a 4-of card in this deck.
    + 1 Virbank. I already mentioned why above.
    + 1 Float Stone. With Keldeo you need atleast 2 of these ;)
    + 1 Prism. Same here, for the reason look above.

So finally you would even have 0-1 spots free in your deck. You could fill those with a Lugia or an extra Kyurem.

Well the list would look like this, with the changes:

Finally I would like to say, that i personally would play TDK completely without Landorus or Cobalion, but well in the end it is your decision.
    Hope this was at least a bit usefull.
    -sonic-

• About 4 Blend you are right xD so I will not play Lugia even so no Scarmble Siwtch, yes for the 4 laser, but I there will be a lot of TDK and Darkrais and is the main reason for 1 Virbrank, but I will try to fit 2, about Cobalion-EX and Landorus-EX, 2 Cobalion is the best, and Land may I drop 1 and keep 1, I have tested and is better have more options than consistency, for Portuguese Nats it doesn´t matter, my deal is cover the meta and don´t play the same as the other, I now is a risk but I prefer lose with my ideias than with the same 55 cards deck.

Portuguese National:
    2008: 11th - 3-2 (Salamence-ex PK/Togekiss)
    2009: 6th - 5-1 (Gengar SF/Dialga G/Galatic Stuff)
    2010: 20th - 4-2 (Garchomp POP 9/Bronzong)
    2011: 18th - 3-3 (Regigigas)
    2012: Fun - 2-4 (Zekeels no Catchers xD)
    2013: Top 16: 4-2 Swiss/Lost on Top (TDK)